The National Association of Active Investment Managers (NAAIM) is a non-profit association of registered investment advisors who provide active money management services to their clients to produce favorable risk-adjusted returns as an alternative to more passive, buy-and-hold strategies.
As an organization, NAAIM engages in numerous activities to promote active management and further the professional development of its members, including:
- Acquiring, preserving and disseminating valuable information relative to, or useful in providing, active investment management services;
- Providing the opportunity for members to exchange information, experiences and opinions through discussions, meetings, study and publications;
- Keeping its members informed of legislative and administrative changes affecting investment advisory services, and representing their interests in the formulation of policy affecting such services;
- Developing and encouraging the practice of high standards of personal and professional conduct among members and the public;
- Educating the public with regard to the concept and benefits of active investment management services and promoting the public’s use of such services.